THE 3rd ANNUAL
AMERICAN VENOUS FORUM
SERVIER TRAVELING FELLOWSHIP
The American Venous Forum Foundation is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Servier Traveling Fellowship in Venous and Lymphatic Disease. The Servier Traveling Fellowship will provide two (2) fellows* an opportunity to travel first to the AVF 20th Annual Meeting, February 2008, then to France and to Barcelona, Spain to the 2008 European Venous Forum to present his or her scientific research. The grant for Fellow/Resident research is chosen through a competitive peer review selection process as follows:
- Submit an abstract for consideration to the American Venous Forum. Abstract submission deadline is Friday, September 7, 2007. When completing the abstract submission process, indicate that you wish to be considered for this exciting Servier Traveling Fellowship. Simply follow the directions on the abstract submission tool (Awards).
- The AVF Program Committee, comprised of distinguished vascular physicians/surgeons appointed by the American Venous Forum, will review the submitted abstracts and select up to four finalists, who will then be invited to become Candidate AVF Members and present his or her winning science at the AVF 20th Annual Meeting, February 20-23, 2008 in Charleston, SC. The AVF will provide reimbursement for travel and accommodations to the 20th Annual Meeting for the four (4) finalists.
- The presenting finalists will be judged by an American Venous Forum appointed committee. Two winners will be chosen and announced during the Award Ceremony at the Annual Meeting.
- Following the Annual Meeting, an AVF-appointed Training Master will coordinate the two (2) winners travel with the Servier-appointed Training Master in France. Travel to France will begin on or about June 20, 2008 and is approximately seven (7) days followed by travel to the 2008 European Venous Forum Meeting in Barcelona, Spain on June 29, 2008.
- The two (2) winners, the American Venous Forum Servier Traveling Fellows, will present his or her scientific research at the European Venous Forum. Travel, registration, and accommodation at the European Venous Forum will be supported by Servier.
- The following year, the two (2) winners are expected to attend the AVF’s 21st Annual Meeting and present highlights of his or her Fellowship Experience to meeting attendees. Compensation is not provided for this award requirement.
The competition is open to Residents/Fellows in a Vascular Training Program in the continental United States. Abstracts submitted must represent original, basic or clinical research in venous or lymphatic disease. The outcome of the research must be documented in manuscript form intended for peer review by the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
Reminder: The Deadline for Submission is Friday, September 7, 2007. Download a printer friendly version of this document